1.The fixed star was ________ a planet.
A. made of B. made from C. made up for D. mistaken for
2.Some students ________ from asking questions in class.
A. shy away B. blow away C. do away D. carry away
3. Mrs. Weinstein bravely and persistently used every skill and power she had to ________ her attacker to simply take her car and not her life.
A. trust B. credit C. convince D. believe
4. Let’s ________personal feelings in making judgment.
A. set off B. set aside C. set back D. set up
5. A good worker in a key spot could, ________ he kept up production, take all the coffee breaks he wanted, and the bosses would very likely look the other way.
A. as long as B. as though C. as soon as D. as if
6. By next year, I shall have ________ all my debts.
A. cleared up B. cleared off C. cleaned up D. cleaned away
7. Decision makers must have some way of determining ________of several alternatives is best.
A. that B. it C. one D. which
8. In August 1977, a satellite ________ to gather data about the 10 million black holes which are
thought to be in the Milky Way.
A. launched B. was launched C. has been launched D. is launched
9. By no means_______ to move to a new place far away from her workplace, because it isn’t convenient for her family and herself.
A. Jane will agree B. will Jane agree C. Jane will disagree D. will Jane disagree
10. It is essential that everything _______ in advance.
A. should decide B. be decided C. decided D. will be decided.
11.It was there, the police believe, ________ she was able to activate the recorder she kept in her bag.
A. until B. which C . that D. when
12.It is not yet known ________computers will one day have vision as good as human vision.
A. whether B. if C. that D. how
13. If you are now ________ ,you ought to pay more attention to your health.
A. in the fifties B. in your fifties C. in fifties D. in your fifty
14. Americans have learned much about he way in which the system can be managed so as
to ________ the peaceful transfer of power from one party to the other.
A. make it possible B. make possible C. make possibly D. make it possibly
15. ________ their differences, they fell passionately in love with each other.
A. As for B. Owing to C. Despite D. Through
参考答案：1-5 DACBA 6-10BDBBB 11-15CABBC