1. We ______ play on the town square when we were children.
A. are used to B. were used to C. used to D. use to
2. He ______ dangers that doesn´t exist.
A. forever imagines B. is forever imagining C. imagines forever D. forever is imagining
3. The point is worth ______.
A. being mentioned B. mentioning C. to mention D. mentioned
4. The firm decided after a board meeting that the old machinery in the factories ______ with.
A. do away B. should be away C. should do away D. should be done away
5. I got a headache. Otherwise I ______ to the lecture.
A. would go B. would have gone C. went D. have
6. It´s high time that the girl ______ sent to school.
A. were B. was C. be D. is to be
7. They have all got up， and ______.
A. Jack has too B. so has Jack C. also has Jack D. Jack hasn´
8. Never before that night ______ the extent of my own power.
A. did I feel B. had I felt C. I had felt D. I did felt
9. This depends on the purpose ______ the electronic device is used.
A. on which B. at which C. where D. for which
10. Jackson is not ______ as you imagine.
A. so a big fool B. so big a fool C. such big a fool D. a such big fool
11. It was when he took a job in a company ______ he began to learn English.
A. when B. that C. which D. what
12. It was president of the union ______ the students elected him.
A. who B. whom C. which D. what
13. Nancy is so poor that even fifty dollars ______ a big sum to her.
A. is B. are C. add D. equal
14. Truth and honesty ______ always best policy.
A. are B. is C. have been D. be
15. They found the conditions there ______.
A. much improve B. much to improve C. much improved D. be much improved
16. There was no reason ______ the meeting yesterday.
A. for your not attending B. for your not to attend C. for your not attend D. for you to not attend
17. I remember ______ the novel last month. It was very interesting.
A. to read B. reading C. read D. to have read
18. I felt like ______ to him， “Don´t be such a complainer all the time.”
A. say B. to say C. saying D. said
19. Why is there ______ traffic on the streets today than yesterday?
A. less B. little C. fewer D. few
20. Colored people are by no means ______ white people.
A. inferior over B. more inferior than C. inferior to D. more inferior to
21. The construction of the building ______ by the end of this month.
A. will have completed B. will have been completed C. will be completed D. will completed
22. Ted Robinson these days ______.
A. was worried B. is worried C. had been worried D. has been worried
23. She had her finger ______ when she was paper-cutting.
A. cut B. cutting C. to cut D. cuts
24. This material ______ well.
A. wears B. is worn C. worn D. is wearing
25. He insisted that all of them ______ present at the banquet.
A. are B. were C. be D. are to
26. It is necessary that an efficient worker ______ his work on time.
A. accomplishes B. can accomplish C. accomplish D. has accomplished
27. My sister can´t cook; ______.
A. my brother can´t too B. either can my brother C. neither can my brother D. nor my brother can
28. ______ ， they have boldly undertaken the construction of a 26-storied building.
A. As they are young B. Young as they are C. They are as young D. As young as they are
29. China is no longer ______ it used to be.
A. what B. of what C. if D. which
30. To a highly imaginative writer， ______ is a pad of paper and a pen.
A. all are required B. all required is C. all is required D. all that is required